Updated: December 15, 2021
We understand that you care how your information is used and shared. By visiting IndianHandmade.com or any related applications, you are accepting the below conditions. If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information, please contact us.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal information that we may collect about you falls into the following categories:
Information you provide to IndianHandmade
If you are a representative of any Buyer or Seller:
- you will be asked to provide certain contact information that is necessary to register your account, including name, address, phone number and email address;
- you will be asked to provide certain information necessary to verify your business or personal identity, such as: state-issued ID (for example, Emirates ID) or passport information page, Trade License/Commercial Register, VAT Registration (if applicable), Power of Attorney (if applicable) and any related information about your business, such as your company name, business type and industry;
- if you are a Seller, we will ask you to provide details about the products that you intend to sell, as well as your transactions on IndianHandmade;
- if you are a Buyer and use the payment gateway, bank transfer or our escrow services to pay for a transaction, we will collect certain payment information, such the bank account number, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code;
- if you choose to use our supply chain finance solutions, we will collect certain business and financial information on behalf of our finance partners, such as Passport/Visa/EID of the Manager/Owner, Trade License, Memorandum/Articles of Association, bank statements, VAT Registration and filings and Credit Bureau reports;
- for both Buyer and Seller, we will ask you to provide information on each transaction, including the products purchased and transaction price;
- information provided to us in connection with disputes or to support complaints regarding products purchased on IndianHandmade;
- information you submit to IndianHandmade for publication (for example, Seller reviews) will be made publicly available.
Information that IndianHandmade collects
- We will collect details of user activities and interactions on IndianHandmade, delivery information, dispute and complaint records, communications between users, and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- We may collect information about the existing and prospective users, during or in connection with trade shows and other industry events, including representative contact name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address.
- If you visit IndianHandmade, we will automatically collect certain personal information from your device. This information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (country or city-level), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with IndianHandmade and the products and services available on it. In addition, we gather statistical information about IndianHandmade and visitors to IndianHandmade including, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions, and unique visitors. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors to IndianHandmade, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal purposes, to improve the quality of IndianHandmade. Some of this information may be collected using cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity and conducting security, KYC (know your customer) and anti-money laundering due diligence and background checks in order to set up user accounts;
- verifying your eligibility to register as a IndianHandmade user under our User Terms & Conditions;
- setting up user accounts;
- providing users with customer service support;
- facilitating communication between Buyers and Sellers, processing transactions and settlement between Buyers and Sellers, completing fund withdrawal requests from Sellers;
- providing logistics, delivery and warehousing services (including customs clearance);
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks;
- personalizing marketing and communications with you based on your browsing records and order history;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of IndianHandmade;
- identifying and developing marketing and advertising products and services that will add value to you;
- if you are a Buyer, we may share details of the last viewed products on the Platform to enable Sellers to contact you with details of products and/or services that might interest you.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are permitted within the applicable privacy laws.
DISCLOSURE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose (or provide access to) personal information to the following:
- IndianHandmade’s professional advisers, government and regulatory agencies, police and insurers, when necessary to comply with applicable laws or investigations, or to exercise, establish or defend IndianHandmade’s legal rights;
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
- Other IndianHandmade users where necessary in connection with the facilitation of purchases and communications made between you and the other users;
- our payment gateway provider;
- our banks in which bank transfers or escrow payments are being held;
- our supply chain finance partners;
- logistics partners for providing delivery, return, and warehousing services for Buyers and Sellers;
- custom agents for customs clearances purposes;
- cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
- customer service providers to provide after-sale services;
- our business partners (for example, for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
- marketing and advertising platforms, such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and providers of analytics services relating to users’ behavior, in order to tailor the content you see when visiting our Platform.
- To any other person or business, with your consent to the disclosure.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
We retain your personal information as long as we have a legitimate business need, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.